ARTICLE 1: PURPOSE OF THE EXHIBITION
EMIRATES 2022 World Stamp Exhibition (hereafter referred to as EMIRATES 2022), held during EXPO 2020 Dubai activities. The objective of the exhibition is to promote every aspect of philately, to develop mutual relations and philatelic culture, to maintain cooperation amongst philatelists throughout the world.
ARTICLE 2: ORGANIZATION, VENUE AND DATE
- EMIRATES 2022 is organized by the Emirates Philatelic Association.
- EMIRATES 2022 will be held in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
- EMIRATES 2022 will open on 19 January 2022 and close on 23 January 2022.
ARTICLE 3: REGULATIONS
EMIRATES 2022 will be governed by the following Regulations:
- The General Regulations of the FIP for Exhibitions (GREX)
- The General Regulations of the FIP for the Evaluation of Competitive Exhibits at FIP Exhibitions (GREV)
- The Special Regulations of the FIP for the Evaluation of Competitive Exhibits at FIP Exhibitions (SREVs)
- The Individual Regulations for EMIRATES 2022.
ARTICLE 4: CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION
Participation in the Competitive Classes is opened to all collectors who are members of the societies invited by the Organizing Committee.
Participation in the Non-Competitive Class will be by invitation, solely at the discretion of the Organizing Committee.
ARTICLE 5: EXHIBITION CLASSES
The Competitive Classes will be:
Class 1 Traditional Philately
Class 2 Postal History
Class 3 Postal Stationery
Class 4 Thematic Philately
4A) Nature – 4B) Culture – 4C) Science
Class 5 Aerophilately
Class 6 Astrophilately
Class 7 Revenues
Class 8 Philatelic Literature – Paper
Class 9 One Frame
9A) Traditional – 9B) Postal History – 9C) Postal Stationery – 9D) Other
Class 10 Picture Postcards
ARTICLE 6: APPLICATION AND ACCEPTANCE
- Exhibitors must obtain their Exhibit Application Forms from their Commissioners. A separate Exhibit Application Form should be used for each exhibit.
- When submitting the Exhibit Application Form, the exhibitor shall attach a copy of the introductory page, describing the exhibit (in English).
- Electronic Exhibit Application Form duly filled shall be submitted together with a copy of title page through National Commissioners to the Commissioner General no later than 30 September 2021.
- The exhibitors may exhibit using a pseudonym provided that his true name and identity are known to the Organizing Committee and to the Jury.
- Notification of acceptance from the Organizing Committee, together with the number of frames allocated to exhibitors, will be sent to their commissioners by 30 October 2021.
- The National Commissioners shall collect the participation fees from the exhibitors and remit them to the Organizing Committee by 31 December 2021 or such later date as agreed with a National Commissioner.
ARTICLE: 7 ONE FRAME EXHIBITS
Exhibits in this class should be based on a narrow philatelic subject corresponding to the scope of one exhibition frame. An extract from a past International award winning multiple frame exhibit (5 or 8 frames) is not allowed. Evaluation shall be performed on the basis of awarded points (60 – 100) and the exhibitor shall receive only a certificate without a medal. The Certificate of Participation will be given to exhibits attaining less than 60 points. Exhibits shall only be evaluated in all classes permitted to exhibit in the Multi Frame Section.
ARTICLE 8 PHILATELIC LITERATURE
A- Philatelic books and research papers (published after 1st January 2017)
B- Philatelic magazines and periodicals (published after 1st January 2020)
C- Catalogues (published after 1st January 2020)
Exhibitors entering an exhibit in the Philatelic Literature Class are requested to fill in the separate “Philatelic Literature Exhibit Information Form” in addition to the “Exhibit Application Form “. Please indicate clearly in the Exhibit Application Form as to the sub-class (A, B, or C) the exhibit is entering.
Exhibitors in the Philatelic Literature Class (Class 8) must send one copy of each title no later than by 1 December 2021 in order that preliminary judging may take place. None of these copies are returnable. Periodicals may be exhibited as a complete volume only.
ARTICLE 9: FRAME SIZE AND ALLOTMENT OF FRAMES
- The display frames will have a capacity for 16 (four sheets in four rows) standard size sheets of 23 cm x30 cm each in size (maximum) including their protective mount. Sheets larger than 23 cm x 30 cm as well as black or dark colored sheets will not be accepted.
- 5 frames for those exhibits which have qualified at National level with Silver medal or higher and are first time exhibits.
- 5 frames for those exhibits which have received a Vermeil or lower award previously at an FIP or Continental Federation recognized exhibition.
- 8 frames for exhibits which have received previously an FIP or recognized Continental Federation exhibition Large Vermeil medal or higher.
- 1 frame for those exhibits which have qualified at National level with 70 point (Silver medal) or higher.
ARTICLE 10: PARTICIPATION FEE
The participation fee (except Literature & One Frame) will be AED 100.00 per frame, Literature and One Frame AED 150.00 per exhibits.
ARTICLE 11: SECURITY MEASURES
- The Organizing Committee will take reasonable precautions to ensure that adequate security is provided to protect the exhibits during the Exhibition period. However, the Organizers shall not bear any liability for loss or damage that might occur during the transportation, mounting, dismounting during the exhibition and return of the exhibits.
- Every exhibitor shall insure the exhibits at his or her own expenses.
ARTICLE 12: HANDLING OF EXHIBITS
- Exhibits delivered by Commissioners must reach the Organizing Committee by morning of 19 January 2022.
- Exhibits (other than Literature) arriving by mail must reach the Organizing Committee by 17 January 2022.
- Exhibits arriving later than the date stipulated above will not be judged.
- Each exhibit sheet must be placed in a transparent protective cover.
- The sheets shall be numbered on each page.
- Exhibits will be return after closing of the show evening of 23 January 2022.
ARTICLE 13: JUDGEMENT AND AWARDS
The Jury for EMIRATES 2022 will be appointed by the Organizing Committee. Member of the Jury will be FIP or Continental accredited Jury members.
A member of Apprentice Jury Members may also be appointed with the consultation of the Organizing Committee and with the recommendation from FIP Member Federations from where the Apprentice is invited and should comply with the requirement.
The Jury’s decision will be final, hence, objections will not be considered. Jury members, consultants to the Jury and apprentice jurors may not participate in the competitive classes. Judging will be carried out in accordance with FIP General Regulation for the Evaluation of Competitive Exhibits, the FIP Special Regulation for each class.
For Competitive Classes, the awards are as follows:
- Large Gold medals
- Gold medals
- Large Vermeil medals
- Vermeil medals
- Large Silver medals
- Silver medals
- Silver Bronze medals
- Bronze medals
All medals will be awarded with appropriate certificates.
There are two Grand Prizes for the Exhibition:
- Best Exhibit National
- Best Exhibit International
ARTICLE 14: RIGHTS OF THE ORGANIZING COMMITTEE
- The Organizing Committee reserves the right to make changes in the IREX.
- The Organizing Committee reserves the right to decide on any questions not covered by the FIP Regulations or by the IREX, and its decisions shall be final.
ARTICLE 15: ACCEPTANCE OF IREX FOR EMIRATES 2022
- By signing the Exhibit Application Form, the exhibitor is deemed to have accepted all provisions stated in the IREX for EMIRATES 2022.
ARTICLE 16: CONTACT ADDRESSES
Commissioner General EMIRATES 2022
Adviser EMIRATES 2022